[POETRY] CRUSH

He was my crush I always played an alternate reality where we were both in love and happy.

I was damn crazy about him couldn't get him off my mind even before you ever thought of looking my way I had already known, even though we never talked I felt like I knew you all.

I kept on stealing glances at you but you never noticed me.

I always made sure I sat close to you at every chance I got so I could drown myself in your elegance, I always sought for your face in every crowd.

I was that girl at the corner who was always craving for you. I tried letting go of you even when I knew you where never mine to begin with.

Things where getting serious most times I found myself day dreaming about I saw you in everyone, when I laid down doing nothing thoughts of you always crept into my heart.

I kept on contemplating if I should man up and tell you how I feel about you but I couldn't I Was so scared of you rejecting me.

The day you smiled at me for the first time I felt like I died a thousand blissful death.

You smile became my drug and addiction. You wet my life support machine.

I got the courage to tell you how I felt so I got his contact and sent him this word "am in love with you" he read but never replied I felt like a fool my world was torn apart but in all I was satisfied knowing I let him know how I felt about him.

                 - Adepoju Joy Sidikatu

             (adepojuebunomolayo@gmail.com)

Comments

Popular posts

Herdsmen Kill One in Kogi State

Shocking: Not Upgrading Your Whatsapp Could Lead To It Getting Hacked

Another Lady Accuses Poplular Fashion Designer Of Giving Out Her Wedding Anniversary Dress To A Model